Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A taste of Goa

I am asked to write this blog when I am reclining in Goa, on holiday with my wisdom tooth. What better place to start writing a blog on food?

When in Goa, stick to Goan food and you shall never be disappointed. There are several places where you can get fare which is closer to home – whatever is home for you. There’s good Gujarati fare at Shravan and at Hotel Fidalgo in Panaji, both on 18th June Road, and Delhi Darbar in the heart of Panaji City cooks up mean kababs and butter chicken. If these look like appetizing options to you, don’t waste more time on this blog post.

Yes, Goa is all about sea food. And meat. The vegetarian food options are many, contrary to most notions. But to start with, my city – Panjim. I'll profile a few restaurants close to my heart - both for the memories and the great food. So Enjoy!

1 comment:

Obscurityspeaks said...

Hello there. Awesome blog!!! Thanks for sharing. I just came across this cool stuff on SpiritzandMore.com and wanted to share. If you are a foodie n you enjoy reviewing about the places you ate, then here’s your way to go! Write a review on any restaurant, pub or nightclub in any city in India and bag exciting goodies for your reviews!!! Check out this page http://www.spiritzandmore.com/outlet-reviews for more details!